California-Style Guacamole Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Time Estimate: 10 minutes overall, including 10 minutes of preparation
Storage Notes: serve immediately, keeps for 1 day if refrigerated
Looking for a guacamole recipe that's super easy, quick to make, looks beautiful, and brings a a welcome complexity of flavors not traditionally found in your average guac? Look no further. Our Taste of California blend does all the heavy lifting for you - leave those elaborate or time-consuming recipes behind and instead enjoy the time with your guests.
- 4 medium Hass avocados (don't throw away the pits!)
- 1 lime
- 1/2 medium onion (preferably white)
- 1 small tomato
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Taste of California
- In a large mixing bowl, scoop out the contents of the avocados, setting aside the pits.
- Cut lime and half, and squeeze over avocados.
- Peel onion, dice finely, and add to bowl.
- Wash tomato, remove stem, chop finely, and add to bowl.
- Sprinkle in 3 1/2 table spoons Taste of California.
- Using a potato masher or large fork, mash ingredients together to desired consistency.
- Spoon onto serving plate, and dust with remaining Taste of California. Place one or two pits in the guac - they will help to slow browning.
- Add chips, and serve.