Julienned Veggie Pasta Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Time Estimate: 15 minutes overall, including 10 minutes of preparation and 5 minutes of cooking
Storage Notes: serve immediately; keeps for 2 days when refrigerated
We love the simple meals of hearty, warming flavors, especially when we can enjoy them in unique ways. Using a julienne technique to create fine slivers, and cooking quickly on a hot pan, this recipe turns a few veggies into a delicious alternative to pasta, replacing starchy heaviness with savory and fresh flavors. The dried strawberries in the Taste of California really come into play here, adding tiny, refreshing bursts of sweetness and rounding out the flavor of the dish.
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium green zucchini
- 2 small yellow/golden zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter (Smart Balance and Earth Balance both make good vegan alternatives)
- 2 tablespoons Taste of California
- Peel carrots, and rinse along with zucchini. Discard tops and bottoms
- Carefully using the julienne, slice the veggies as thinly as possible length-wise.
- Heat a medium sized pan on high, and add butter.
- Once butter is thoroughly melted, add veggies and Taste of California.
- Toss and stir frequently, for 4-5 minutes, until veggies are pliable but not wilted - the texture to aim for is that of al dente pasta.
- Remove from heat and arrange on plate.
- Serve immediately.