Yield: 12 Mini pies that will go very, very quickly.
Time Estimate: 5 1/2 hours, including 4 hours to cool.
Storage Notes: Enjoy immediately after allowing to cool in fridge - around 4 hours. These will keep well overnight, and are a great dish to make the day before.
This lovely desert comes to us from @xtina_stout, a busy working mom with an equally busy husband and 2 small kiddos. We love this recipe for lots of reasons: it's incredibly delicious, easy to prepare (using store-bought mini pie crusts skips the hardest/most boring part), and makes a spectacular presentation. This is the perfect desert to make the day before a dinner party, or for an extra special family night in.
- 6 Mini pie crusts (with foil bases)
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 Can pureed pumpkin (around 14 oz)
- 24 Oz cream cheese (you'll want to let this come to room temp)
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1/4 Cup Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove pie crusts from freezer, to allow to slightly thaw while prepping the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in all other ingredients, except flour, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually spoon in flour - this will avoid clumping. Beat well until all combined.
- Spoon in pie filling, going right to the top. Tap pies on your countertop - this will force any tiny air bubbles out, ensuring everything cooks evenly and you have perfect cheesecakes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove, and rest for 15 mins, or until cool. Cover with saran, and allow to cool in fridge, at least for 4 hours.
- Optional: dust with Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar just before serving for an extra dash of color and flavor.
- Serve, devour, graciously accept praises heaped upon you.