Year Round Stuffing (Dressing) | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Stuffing is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving supper, so we ask: Why limit this delicious side to once a year? Break free from turkey tyranny and make this delicious stuffing whenever you please - it's a perfect accompaniment for winter favorites like slow cooker meals and hearty roasts.
- 1 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 1 Loaf of white bread
- 2 Cups no/low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Egg
- 1 Whole tin Foragers Favorite: Roast Veggie Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs Garlic Truffle Steak Rub
- 1 White onion
- 6 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Head of celery
- 1 1/2 Tbs Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs Granulated Garlic
- 1 Good handful of basil
- 2-3 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- A good spray of duck fat
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cube bread into roughly 1/2" squares, and pour onto a baking tray. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, and removing when cubes have noticeably shrunk and are well browned but not burned.
- Rinse celery and divide into stems, discarding the woody base and top leaves. Rough chop into approximately 1/3rd" slices, and add to a large bowl.
- Peel and rough chop both onions and garlic, and add to bowl.
- Briefly microwave butter until it's just become liquid, then add to bowl, along with breadcrumbs, and fold to combine.
- Sprinkle over granulated garlic, onion powder, and Foragers Favorite: Roast Veggie Seasoning.
- Julienne basil, remove stems from rosemary, and add to bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together stock and egg, then pour over everything, and use a large spoon to gently fold everything together.
- Spray a medium sized rectangular baking dish, like this lovely one from Emile Henry, with duck fat, then pour in stuffing mix.
- Gently pat down so everything is at an even level without compressing, and dust the entirety of the top with Garlic Truffle Steak Rub.
- Cover tightly with aluminium foil, and pop in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, and return to oven for a further 25 minutes for a lovely crisped top.
- Allow 5 minutes to rest, then serve and devour, ideally along with a generous helping of rich gravy.
If you'd like to get your hands on this handsome rectangular baking dish, use code GV20 for 20% off at https://www.emilehenryusa.com/