Wine Country Salmon & Spinach | Recipe by Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 4.
Time Estimate: 30 Minutes, including 15 unattended.
Storage Notes: Will keep covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
We love weeknight meals that tick all the boxes: easy to prepare, limited prep and cleanup, healthy, and delicious for the whole family. This oven roasted one pot meal does all that and more, with our complex Wine Country Raspberry & Garlic Seasoning delivering layers of rich flavor that you would never expect with a 10-15 minute cook time.
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 4 Cups cooked rice, quinoa, or farro
- 1 Tin Wine Country Raspberry & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 Tbs California Sea Salt
- 1 Cup low/no sodium vegetable stock
- 2 Lemons
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Red onion
- 6-8 Cloves garlic
- 5-6 Cups spinach
- 5 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Special Equipment Required: Ceramic Fish Steamer
- Preheat oven to 500F, and cook rice/quinoa/farro per instructions.
- Carefully remove skins from salmon. Rub on 1 Tbs of olive oil, then generously coat all over with 3/4ths tin Wine Country Raspberry & Garlic Seasoning.
- Trim ends of spinach, rinse, and spin or pat dry.
- Pour stock into a ceramic fish steamer, like this handsome one from Emile Henry.
- Layer and press down spinach on top of stock.
- Press down salmon fillets - it's OK if they're slightly overlapping.
- Thinly slice red onion into slivers, cut cherry tomatoes in half, and cut lemons into thin rounds. Mince garlic.
- Arrange onions and garlic over and and around salmon, topping with cherry tomato halves and lemon rounds.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil on top, and sprinkle over California Sea Salt and remaining Wine Country Raspberry & Garlic Seasoning.
- Cover and place in the oven, checking after 10 minutes. Depending on your preferred level of doneness for the salmon, roast for a further 2-5 minutes.
- Remove and plate immediately, alongside or atop rice.
- Drizzle over remaining liquor stock from the steamer, and devour.
If you'd like to check out this handsome fish steamer, head over to Emile Henry, and while you're at it, take 20% off with code 'GV20'.