Vampire Killer Green Beans | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 4 as a side
Time Estimate: 25 Minutes, including 15-20 unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immeaditely.
This is our favorite, fast & easy way to enjoy green beans (haricot verts if you're feeling fancy). It's a perfect side dish for everything from big savory roasts to lighter fare like poached white fish, but beware: there's an Italian Nonna-approved amount of garlic in this dish, so make sure everyone's having some and you're all in it together!
- About 2 Lbs green beans
- 1 1/2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Panko or bread crumbs
- 1 Full tin Savory Roasting Seasoning
- 1 Tbs Sicilian Garlic Seasoning
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Special Equipment Required: Ceramic tart dish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Rinse and dry green beens trimming and discarding ends.
- Peel and mince garlic, and divide lemon in quarters.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beans, Savory Roasting Seasoning, Sicilian Garlic Seasoning, minced garlic, olive oil, and panko/bread crumbs, mixing well to evenly coat.
- Pour contents into a large ceramic tart dish. It's OK if some are overlapping - some bits will roast more than others, and the final result will be a lovely complex variety of consistencies in your dish.
- Pop in the oven, uncovered, roasting for 12-15 minutes, or until tops just begin to show some browning.
- Quickly remove, toss, and return to oven for a further 2-5 minutes, again removing when the newly exposed tops begin to brown.
- Remove and serve immediately, garnishing with large lemon slices.
If you'd like to check out this handsome tart dish, head over to Emile Henry, and while you're at it, take 20% off with code 'GV20'.