Spinach Stuffed Pork Loin w/ Purple Cauliflower & Asparagus | Recipeish | Gustus vitae
We love stuffed pork loin - it always presents beautifully, and by roasting in the oven, it's a much easier dish to make than it looks. For this recipe, we made a lovely glossy balsamic reduction and served alongside seared asparagus and purple cauliflower for a handsome plate equal parts delicious and healthy.
- Yield: Serves 2
- Time: About 2 hours
- Storage Notes: Any leftovers can be kept for 2 days in the fridge
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 good sized pork tenderloin
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs Ultra Tex 3
- 2 Tbs Herbed Truffle Seasoning
- 5 Tbs This Thing Of Ours Part II: The Truffle Edition
- 2 Tbs Garlic Basil Sea Salt
- 4 Tbs Greek Tzatziki Sea Salt
- 1 Small handful fresh parsley
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 cups spinach
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, and prepare a large bowl of ice water. Cut off and discard ends of asparagus, then blanch for 2-3 minutes before straining and adding to the ice bath. Reserve.
- De-stem cauliflower, rough chop florets, and add to still boiling water, cooking for around 10 minutes. Drain.
- Rinse and rough chop parsley, and add to a large bowl with drained cauliflower, butter, Greek Tzatziki Sea Salt. Use an immersion blender on pulse or a potato masher until you get an even, smooth consistency. Reserve.
- Rinse and pat dry spinach and rough chop garlic.
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Bring a large cast-iron pan up to medium-high heat, and add olive oil. When it begins to shimmer, add garlic and spinach, working in batches if need be. Cook until wilted but not mushy - around 3-4 minutes per batch. Sprinkle with Garlic Basil Sea Salt, and fold to mix in.
- Trim pork of any silverskin or excess fat. Slice lengthwise almost in half. Cover with saran wrap, and pound to around 1/8th inch thickness.
- Spoon in cooked spinach and roll, securing with twine or toothpicks. Dust the entirety of the pork with 4Tbs This Thing of Ours Part II, rubbing the seasoning in as you do.
- Pop in the oven on a baking tray, and cook for 45 minutes uncovered.
- Bring a small saucepan to medium heat, and add balsamic vinegar and remainder of This Thing Of Ours Part II and Ultra Tex 3, whisking to combine. When fully combined and glossy, reduce heat to just warm, and reserve.
- Bring the cast iron pan back up to high heat, pat dry and secure asparagus with twine, and sear for 3-4 minutes with a bit of cooking oil and a good sprinkle of Herbed Truffle Seasoning.
- Pop reserved cauliflower in the microwave to reheat - around 2 1/2 minutes is all it will need.
- Remove pork from oven, slice into rounds, plate, and pour over balsamic reduction, plating asparagus and purple cauliflower alongside.
- Serve, and devour.