Spicy Prawns with Finadene Sauce | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Finadene sauce is one of our favorite condiments: super easy to make and customize to your preferences, keeps well, and nearly infinitely versatile as a marinade, dipping sauce, or dressing. Try out this easy and delicious weeknight meal - we recommend doubling the sauce quantity to have some extra on hand in the fridge.
For the Shrimp & Quinoa
- 2 - 2 1/2 Lbs prawns
- 1 1/2 Cups quinoa
- 2 Tbs Everything Brooklyn Bagel Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Spicy Thai Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs Extra Fancy Veggie Seasoning
- 3 Tbs cooking oil
For the Finadene sauce
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4th Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Medium bunch cilantro
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- 4 Green onions
- 2 Tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs Taste of Thailand seasoning
- 2 Small red chili peppers
- 3 Cloves garlic
- Remove seeds and stems from chilis, and finely mince, combining with minced garlic, cilantro, and green onions.
- Whisk in soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, lemon juice, and fish sauce, and shake over Taste of Thailand seasoning.
- Pour off into a mason jar or similar, and refrigerate.
- Rinse, clean, and devein shrimp.
- Prep quinoa per directions, adding Extra Fancy Veggie seasoning as you do so.
- Pat shrimp dry, and toss in a large bowl with Spicy Thai seasoning and 1 Tsp of oil, evenly coating the shrimp.
- Bring a wok up to high heat with 2 Tsp of oil, then add in prawns. Continue cooking on high heat, tossing regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over Everything Brooklyn Bagel seasoning, toss one more time, and remove from heat.
- To plate, arrange quinoa and seared prawns, then spoon over a generous amount of finadene sauce over everything, and devour.