Spicy Lime Grilled Pineapple Slices | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Grilled pineapples are one of our favorite summer treats, and juicing them up with fresh limes and spicy Habanero Sea Salt somehow makes them all the sweeter and more addictive. Be careful with the spicy sea salt though - it's easy to add too much and create flamin' hot pineapples.
- Yield: Serves 2-3
- Time: About 1 hour, including 30 minutes unattended.
- Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed right away
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Ripe pineapple
- 6 limes: 4 to juice, 2 to roast
- 3 Tbs Habanero Sea Salt
- Slice off ends/sides of pineapple, and cut into rounds, about 1 inch thick.
- In a large bag or a couple of smaller ones, divide the pineapple, squeeze in the juice of 4 limes, and sprinkle over Habanero Sea Salt.
- Shake the bag vigorously to evenly coat the slices as much as possible, and pop in the fridge.
- At around the 15-minute mark, set your grill to high, and give the bags a shake, before returning to the fridge for another 15 minutes.
- Get to your grilling station, reduce heat to medium, and lay down your pineapple slices and sliced limes, reserving the juice.
- Grill for around 6-7 minutes, before flipping and cooking for the same amount of time on the other side.
- Remove from heat, allow to briefly cool, and return to the bag.
- Give 'em a good shake to partially re-hydrate, serve, and devour.