Sous Vide Spicy Chocolate Cheesecake | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 1 Hour 10, plus an overnight
Storage Notes: May be kept sealed & refrigerated for up to 4 days.
The precise temperature control sous vide cooking isn't just for big cuts of protein - it's arguably even better for setting desserts. Case in point: can't-mess-it-up, dainty cheesecakes. Make these the day before Valentine's, and garnish with a bit of fruit just before serving for a decadent deal-sealer of a dessert.
- 2 Blocks cream cheese (16oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Full tin Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar
- 1 Tsp California Sea Salt
- 3/4ths Cup heavy whipping cream
- Berries to garnish
- Bring a sous vide bath up to 175F.
- Combine cream cheese, Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar and California Sea Salt in a food processor, pulsing 4 or 5 times until blended.
- Pour in eggs and heavy cream, and churn on low for around 30 seconds, until well combined.
- Pour off mixture into 6 mini mason jars, leaving around 1/4" of headroom. Tap down several times to remove any air bubbles, and pour/scrape in remaining mixture, if any.
- Screw lids on finger tight, and carefully place in the hot bath.
- Cook for 1 hour, then remove and rest in the fridge overnight, or for up to 4 days.
- Serve in mason jars topped with a dollop more of cream, some finely diced berries, and devour.