Snickerdoodle Apple Crumble Bruleé | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: 6 ramekins.
- Time Estimate: About 90 minutes, including 45 unattended.
- Storage Notes: Can be kept, refrigerated, for up to 3 days.
- Difficulty: Easy.
This is one of our favorite desserts: a crunchy bruleéd top encasing firm chunks of apples and hearty oats, all addictively sweet but tempered with lemony tartness. Make this in advance, then blast the ramekins for a minute or two under the broiler or with a culinary torch for that perfect glassy top that shatters with your first bite - yum.....
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and core apples, slice into thin wedges, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in flour, 2 tins of Snickerdoodle Cane Sugar, 1 tin of Zesty Lemon Cane Sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, Probiotic Ocean Salt, and lemon juice, folding to combine.
- Melt butter, and add in, along with rolled oats, again folding to combine.
- Lightly spray ramekins, dust with flour before shaking out, then scoop in apple mixture. Fill right up to the brim before leveling off and pushing down to tightly pack.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until well browned, then remove and allow to fully cool before covering them with saran and popping in the fridge.
- When you're ready to serve, bring them back up to temp with 5-6 minutes in a 350F oven. Remove, and evenly distribute the final tin of Snickerdoodle Cane Sugar on the tops.
- Broil for 2 minutes, or until sugar is bubbling and a few slightly charred bits appear, or use a culinary torch - these are way more fun.
- Allow 2 minutes to bruleéd sugar to harden, and serve with a big 'ol scoop of vanilla ice cream.