S'Mores Cookies | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
These are exactly what they sound like: summertime's perfectly melty chocolate, gooey marshmallow, crunchy graham cracker s'mores, made all the better by being wrapped up in a soft chocolate chip cookie. They're a bit of a process to make, but they are certainly worth it: whether you're making your kid's next sleep over all the more magical or just being a hero at the next backyard BBQ, these cookies are everything that's right in the world, conveniently and deliciously in the palm of your hand.
- Yield: Around 25-30 cookies.
- Time: Overnight + 2 and half hours, including 2 hours active.
- Storage Notes: These will go fast!
- Difficulty: Medium.
- 1/2 Tsp Probiotic Ocean Salt
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup crushed Biscoff cookies or graham crackers
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 4 Tbs Caramel Coconut Chocolate Cane Sugar
- 4 Tbs Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar
- 1/3rd Cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 2/3 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 Cup quartered marshmallows, used for the dough
- 2 Cups quartered marshmallows, used for the filling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, Probiotic Ocean Salt, and reserve.
- In another small bowl, roughly break up Biscoff cookies or graham crackers into pieces around 1/4", and reserve.
- Quarter marshmallows, and reserve.
- In a stand mixer, cream Caramel Coconut Chocolate Cane Sugar, Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar, light brown sugar, powdered sugar, and unsalted butter.
- While mixing slowly, add egg and yolk, then gradually pour in flour mixture, a little at a time.
- Switch attachment from the whisk to the dough handle, and gradually incorporate graham crackers, 1 cup marshmallows, and both types of chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon to keep them all the same size, remove about 2 Tbs of dough at a time, and form balls with the entirety of the mixture.
- Working one at a time, form an indent in the ball, put in two halves of marshmallow, and top with 1/2 of another ball, before placing on a baking sheet. You'll need 2 baking sheets for this quantity and to give them plenty of space.
- Cover trays with saran, and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake one tray at a time for 7-9 minutes. You're looking for the tops to just have the slightest bit of brown on them: this is a gooey, soft cookie, and just a few minutes is all you need.
- Remove, allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then move to a wire rack to fully cool - they'll be ready to enjoy about 10 minutes after taking out of the oven.
- Grab one before they're gone - these don't last long!