Silky No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 1 Decadent 9" pie
Time Estimate: 4 1/2 Hours, including 4 unattended.
Storage Notes: Can be kept covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
This super decadent pie is a family favorite: folding the whipped cream into the peanut butter dough makes for a super silky pie, and the spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar adds just the right hint of come-back heat to this rich, no-bake dessert.
- 3/4 Cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Crushed graham crackers (10 full sheets)
- 5 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4oz Cream cheese
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Full tin Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar
- 1/3 Cup chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 Cups heavy cream (and a whipped cream dispenser)
- Crumble graham crackers and room temperature butter into a food processer, and blend for about 1 minute, until everything is a uniform, sandy consistency.
- Firmly press into a 9" ceramic pie dish, like this handsome one from Emile Henry, into a uniform layer on the bottom and just under 1" up around the sides. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Add 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream to a dispenser, and charge with 2 nitrous oxide cartridges, shaking as you do.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in confectioners sugar, peanut butter, and cream cheese, then use a hand blender on low to fully incorporate.
- Pour in 1/2 tin of Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar and empty the full dispenser of whipped cream into the mixing bowl, then use a wooden spoon to fold the mixture into itself.
- Spoon mixture into the pie dish, smoothing the surface to make it even.
- Cover with saran, and pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge, and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and a generous dusting of the remaining 1/2 tin of Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar.
- Pour in a Cup of heavy cream into the dispenser, again charging with 2 nitrous oxide cartridges.
- Slice pie into wedges, serving alongside a generous dollop of whipped cream, and devour.
If you'd like to check out this handsome pie dish, head over to Emile Henry, and while you're at it, take 20% off with code 'GV20'.