Kimchi Pork Loin Sandwich | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Admittedly, this sandwich is somewhat ridiculous, and we recommend clearing the rest of your afternoon for some quality nap time after taking on this beast. It is also deeply, deeply satisfying in the most super-charged umami kinda way. This is a great weekend 'project', and a delicious reason to take the afternoon off.
- Yield: 1 Sandwich.
- Time: 4.5 hours, including 4 unattended.
- Storage Notes: Not going to be a problem here.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- 1 Boneless pork loin
- 1 Set of potato buns
- A bit of butter lettuce
- 1 Pickle
- 1 Tbs Butcher's Blend Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Jalapeño Sea Salt
- 4 Tbs mayo
- 1/2 Jar kimchi - about 8oz or so
- In a ziplock bag, combine pork, kimchi, and Jalapeño Sea Salt, and give it a good shake to combine.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and pop in the fridge for around 4 hours. Overnight it, and it'll get too salty, while just an hour isn't enough.
- At the four hour mark, remove from the fridge, and get your grill ripping hot - at least 500F or so. Set a cast iron pan in as you do, so it heats up with the grill.
- Pour kimchi/jalapeño mix into the cast iron pan, and begin cooking the pork.
- While this is happening, slice the pickle, and mix together mayo and Butcher's Blend seasoning, and reserve.
- At about the 5 minute mark, flip, and cook for same. At this point, the kimchi should be boiling - you want to really cook this down as it's been sitting with raw pork.
- Depending on doneness (you want an internal temp of 145F), give it another 2 minutes or so. Give the buns the 2 minutes to toast too.
- Remove everything from the grill, and foil tent the loin for about 3 minutes.
- Lather both buns with your mayo/Butcher's Blend sauce, and arrange lettuce on the bottom bun.
- Top with loin, then pickles, then kimchi, then the burger crown.
- Pour yourself a big glass of something cold, serve to yourself or a very, very lucky person, and devour.