Red Trout with Asparagus & Crème Fraîche Sauce | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 2.
Time Estimate: 30.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
It's not that often that a show-stopper of a dish can come together in under 30 minutes, and this exquisite meal for two is proof that delicious doesn't have to equal difficult.
Everything here is handled with a light touch, so the freshness of the ingredients is extra important - in-season, snappy asparagus and wild caught trout take this supper from excellent to extraordinary.
- 2 Red trout fillets
- 2 1/2 Tbs Pacific Seafood Seasoning
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Rosemary Sea Salt
- 1 Bunch white asparagus
- 1 Bunch green asparagus
- 2 Tbs Extra Fancy Veggie Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Green Goddess Seasoning
- 3 Lemons
- 1 Cup forbidden rice
- 1/3 Cup crème fraîche
- 3 Tbs Taste of Bordeaux Seasoning
- 2 1/2 Tbs French Onion Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs Zesty Lemon Cane Sugar
- 1 Small bunch parsley
- 2 Spring onions
- Preheat oven to broil, and begin cooking forbidden rice per rice cooker instructions.
- Remove skin from trout fillets, and cut width-wise into 3" wide sections.
- Rinse asparagus, snapping off the bottom of the stalks where they break naturally.
- In a medium bowl, toss together asparagus, 3 Tbs olive oil, Extra Fancy Veggie Seasoning, and Green Goddess Seasoning. Arrange on a rectangular ceramic tart dish, like this handsome one from Emile Henry.
- In another medium bowl, combine trout, 3 Tbs olive oil, Rosemary Sea Salt, and Pacific Seafood Seasoning. Coat, then arrange on top of asparagus.
- Divide 2 lemons into 4ths, and arrange around the perimeter of the tart dish.
- Lightly sprinkle Zesty Lemon Cane Sugar atop the trout segments.
- Pop in the oven, uncovered, for 12 minutes.
- While this is broiling, combine crème fraîche, Taste of Bordeaux, and French Onion Seasoning in a small bowl, and juice in two lemons.
- Rinse and mince spring onions, reserving about 2" of the green ends intact. Slice into thin blades, and reserve.
- Rinse and pat dry parsley, rough chopping and discarding stems.
- Add parsley and minced green onion to the crème fraîche sauce, and reserve.
- Remove tart dish from the oven.
- Plate forbidden rice, then asparagus spears, topping with broiled trout.
- Garnish with roasted lemon wedges, then arrange green onion blades atop, and finish with the zest of remaining lemon.