Probiotic Marinara For Pizza or Pasta | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: 2 mason jars.
- Time Estimate: Around 45 minutes.
- Storage Notes: Will keep for up to 2 weeks in sealed mason jars in the fridge.
- Difficulty: Easy.
This is our go-to red sauce - pressure cooking it both gives it luscious depth and makes the whole process fast and easy, and while it's perfect as-is as a marinara, you can easily build on it to make it suit your next meal; our two favorite alts are capers and cream, or adding half a bottle of crisp white wine and poaching mussels or clams.
- 1 tin crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium to large white onion
- 3 Tbs Probiotic Ocean Salt
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Peel garlic and onions, roughly chopping onions and smashing garlic.
- Heat a pressure cooker to medium high, add oil, and sauté onions & garlic until brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes and Probiotic Ocean Salt, giving it a good stir to combine.
- Seal pressure cooker, and heat to 2 bars, then reduce heat and maintain at 2 bars for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and carefully depressurize.
- Transfer to a blender, and blend on high for 1 minute, until completely smooth and combined.
- Distribute to 2 mason jars, seal finger tight, and allow to cool for around 30 minutes before storing in the fridge.