Plank Salmon Burgers with Avocado Crema & Quinoa | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 1 Hour.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
Salmon burgers are a favorite at our house, and these ones, cooked on cedar planks and with an indent filled with avocado crema, make them even better. Add in some quinoa, and you've got a meal that's fast, delicious, and healthy: hard to top for a weeknight treat.
- 1 Cedar plank
- 1 Ultimate Burger Press
- 1 Lb salmon
- 1 Cup panko
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbs Everything But The Avocado Toast Seasoning
- A bit of butter lettuce
- 1/2 a Scallion
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Jalapeño Sea Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbs Pacific Seafood Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Taste of California Seasoning
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Submerge cedar plank in water for at least 45 minutes, and preheat oven to 350F.
- Knife chop salmon into small pieces, approximating the consistency of ground beef, and add to a bowl.
- Drop in egg, panko, and olive oil, and mix well to combine.
- Mince and add scallion, along with Pacific Seafood Seasoning and Taste of California Seasoning.
- Form patties in the Ultimate Burger Press so they have and indent, place on cedar plank, and pop in the oven.
- In a rice cooker, combine quinoa and chicken stock, and cook until done.
- While they're baking, combine avocado, cream, and Jalapeño Sea Salt in a blender, pulsing until creamy.
- Remove finished quinoa, mixing with chopped tomato and Everything But The Avocado Toast Seasoning.
- Remove salmon burgers from the oven, and quarter the lemon.
- Plate: lay down quinoa, top with butter lettuce and salmon burgers, before spooning in crema in the indent.
- Arrange lemons, garnish with parsley, serve, and devor.