Pink Pearl Apple Rose Ramekin Tarts | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 40 Minutes, including 20 minutes unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed within 24 hours.
Difficulty: Easy, but take care with the mandolin.
Red fleshed apples are beautiful, and turning these into mini rose tarts makes them only more so. This easy recipe is a stunner of a dessert - use a mandolin to cut prep time to only 20 minutes and give you perfectly even, rose-hued apple slices.
- About 15 small Pink Pearl apples (4Lbs)
- 1 Container Pilsbury biscuts
- 2 1/2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 1 Full Tin Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar
- 1 Full Tin Apple Pie Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse apples, then use a mandolin to thinly slice them all, discarding the cores.
- Cube 2 sticks of butter, and melt in a microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine apple slices, melted butter, and Pumpkin Spice Cane Sugar. Carefully fold to evenly coat all the apples with sugar, taking care not to snap the thin slices.
- Sprinkle a work surface with half a tin of Apple Pie Cane Sugar. Roll out each of the dough circles to around double it's diameter, flipping as you do to coat both sides with the sugar.
- Rub the insides of each ramekin, like these handsome ones from Emile Henry, with the 1/2 stick of butter.
- Press in dough into each of the ramekins, pulling dough up around 1.5" around the sides.
- Working in a circular motion from the outside in, begin arranging apple slices. Where able, use larger slices around the perimeter, and smaller slices closer to the middle.
- Without breaking the slices, try to fit as many apple slices as you can into each ramekin.
- Crack and beat one egg, then lightly brush over the tops of all of the apple roses.
- Sprinkle over remaining Apple Pie Cane Sugar, and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and devour, or allow to cool and then refrigerate, and when ready to enjoy, reheat for 10 minutes in a 350F oven.
If you'd like to check out these handsome ramekins, head over to Emile Henry, and while you're at it, take 20% off with code 'GV20'.