Pink Lemonade Rhubarb Pie | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
This lovely summery pie is bursting with zesty pink lemonade flavors, accelerating the tart rhubarb without being overly sweet. Just a small fridge-cool slice is a treat after a long weekend lunch, or serve a warmed, generous piece with vanilla ice cream for a mouthwatering dessert any day of the week.
- 2 1/2 Cups finely diced rhubarb
- 2 1/2 Cups finely diced strawberries
- 4 Tins Pink Lemonade Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Plain white sugar
- 1 Lemon (for zest and juice)
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 Package pie dough
- 1/4th Stick unsalted butter
- 1 Egg and a splash of water
- Special Equipment: 9" Ceramic Pie Dish, zester
- Preheat oven to 425F, and allow pie dough to come up to room temperature.
- Rise and remove stems and leaves from rhubarb and raspberries, dice, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Pink Lemonade Cane Sugar, flour, cornstarch, plain sugar.
- Zest lemon, then juice into the bowl. Gently combine all ingredients, then allow to rest for five minutes.
- Lay down bottom half of the pie dough, stretching up to the top rim.
- Using a slotted spoon, ladle in filling, gently tapping down as you down into to arrange into an even level.
- Gently crown with the second pie crust, crimping down the edges with a fork and trimming and discarding any excess.
- Whisk together egg and a splash of water, then brush over entirety of the crust.
- Use the sharpest knife you have to slice a few thin strips onto the top of the crust, then loosely wrap the edges in foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F, then reduce heat to 350, baking for a further 45 minutes and removing the foil when 20 minutes remain.
- Remove, and allow one hour to cool before enjoying.
- We like ours warm and bit messy, but if you prefer a firmer pie, cover and refrigerate overnight for a lovely pie that will slice and hold a perfect coffee-house shape.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, and devour!
If you'd like to get your hands on this handsome pie dish, use code GV20 for 20% off at https://www.emilehenryusa.com/