Pasta Primavera | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 2 Hours, including 1 hour unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately, will keep for up to 2 days, covered and refrigerated.
Spring has sprung: the sun is shining brighter, days are warmer and longer, and we're filling our tables and bellies with the bounty of the season. Pasta Primavera is a Spring classic, and our take is busting with fresh from the garden flavors, bright pops of color from a variety of veggies, sous vide & seared breast and springy egg noodles - it's perfect for a lazy Sunday lunch, or a treat on a warm Friday night after the work week is done.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 6-8 Oz egg noodle fettuccini
- 10 Oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 Tin All Day Every Day Seasoning
- 2 Broccolini stalks with florets
- 1 Medium yellow squash
- 1 Medium green squash
- 3 Tbs French Onion Seasoning
- 1 Full tin Herbed Truffle Seasoning
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 2 Large carrots
- 1 White onion
- 8 Cloves garlic
- 3 Oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat heat a sous vide bath to 150F.
- In a large bowl, generously season chicken breasts with All Day Every Day Seasoning and 6oz olive oil, rubbing well all over. Vacuum seal, and sous vide 1 hour.
- Rinse broccolini, trimming florets, peeling stems and cutting all into roughly 2 1/2 - 3" strips. Reserve.
- Peel carrots, discarding tops and bottoms, and cut into thin sticks, roughly the same length as the broccolini.
- Rise bell peppers, core, and cut into strips. Rise squash, cutting in half lengthwise, then into small 'coin' sized pieces.
- Mince onions and garlic.
- After the chicken has cooked in its sous vide bath for 1 hour, bring a pot of salted water up to a rolling boil, and a large sauté pan up to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbs of butter, then sauté carrots and broccolini for 3 minutes, sprinkling with Herbed Truffle Seasoning and French Onion Seasoning as you do, and turning constantly. Remove, reserve, and return pan to heat.
- Repeat with more butter and more seasoning, cooking squash and bell peppers in batches for about 3 minutes each, and finish with the last of butter, Herbed Truffle Seasoning, French Onion Seasoning, and onions and garlic on high heat, removing just as garlic begins to brown.
- Remove chicken from sous vide bath, straining off and reserving the liquor.
- Add fettuccini to boiling pot.
- Add 2 Tbs of olive oil to sauté pot, and reheat to high.
- Add chicken breasts, searing each side for about 1 minute, then remove and lower heat to medium. Return all the veggies to the pan, spoon in 1/2 Cup of the salted pasta water, and the reserved liquor from the chicken.
- Test pasta for doneness, and strain.
- In a large salad bowl or similar, like this handsome one from Emile Henry, toss together pasta and veggies, adding more Herbed Truffle Seasoning and French Onion Seasoning to taste.
- Plate your primavera, topping with generous slices of your sous vide & seared chicken.
- Dust everything with Parmesan, serve, and devour.