Kimchi Miso Glazed Salmon with Poached Egg | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 4 Servings.
Time Estimate: 30 Minutes.
Storage Notes: Can be kept covered refrigerated for up to 2 days.
This quick 30 minute meal delivers big flavors on weeknights, all packed together in a healthy, delicious bowl. The nuttiness of the brown rice perfectly complements the umami savoriness of the glazed salmon, and the runny egg brings everything together. Yum!
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 4 Cups cooked brown rice
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbs Kimchi Sea Salt
- 4 Tbs brown miso paste
- 1 1/2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 Cup minced green onions
- 1/2 Cup stained & minced kimchi
- Special Equipment: Small Loaf Pan, Fine Mesh Strainer
- Cook or reheat brown rice per directions.
- Bring a large pot of water to a simmer, and preheat oven to 450F.
- In a blender, pour in 1 Tbs Kimchi Sea Salt, brown miso paste, low sodium soy sauce, white vinegar, fish sauce, and 3/4th Cup warm distilled water.
- Blend on high and taste, adding more water or Kimchi Sea Salt to taste.
- Remove skin from salmon, and arrange fillets in a small ceramic loaf pan.
- Pour over miso sauce, stopping just before fillets are fully submerged. Reserve sauce.
- Pop pan into the oven uncovered, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open oven door, dusting tops of salmon with remaining 2 Tbs Kimchi Sea Salt, and return, cooking for another 5 minutes or so, or until the internal temperature registers 130F.
- Durning the last phase of cooking the salmon, crack eggs one at a time into a fine mesh strainer, then carefully lower into the water. Cook for 3 minutes undisturbed, then remove and transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Strain and mince kimchi, mince green onions.
- To serve, flatten a bed of brown rice in a medium bowl, carefully laying a fillet of salmon on top. Sprinkle kimchi and green onion alongside, place on poached egg.
- Serve with chopsticks and reserved miso sauce on the side.
- Pierce runny egg, mix it all together, and devour.
If you'd like to check out this handsome tableware, head over to Emile Henry, and while you're at it, take 20% off with code 'GV20'.