Giant Caramel-Stuffed & Pecan Studded White Chocolate Chip Cookies | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Around 15 giant stuffed cookies.
Time Estimate: 30-40 Minutes, depending on how many batches are made.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed within 3 days.
These leviathan cookies are outrageous. No more difficult to bake then regular chocolate chip cookies, adding the pecans, stuffing with a chocolate caramel, and making these extra grande makes for something that, while still technically a cookie, might be better described as a decadent dessert for one. These bad boys are stupid delicious: make them at your peril.
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Cups rough chopped pecans
- 15-18 chocolate caramels
- 3 Tins Snickerdoodle Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 Sticks (1 Cup) unsalted butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp California Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 380F, and cube butter into 1/2" chunks, straight from the fridge.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together 2 tins of Snickerdoodle Cane Sugar, brown sugar, and butter, mixing on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add the three eggs, continuing to mix for a further minute.
- In 2 batches, pour in flour, California Sea Salt, cornstarch, and baking soda, mixing for another 2-3 minutes or until fully incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer, rough chop pecans, and add along with white chocolate chips, gently folding in.
- Lay out two bake sheets.
- Scoop out about 3oz of dough, or the size of a small ice cream scoop, into your hand, and form into a wide pancake.
- Place a caramel in the center, wrapping dough roughly evenly all the way around, form into a ball, and place on the sheet.
- Repeat this process, leaving around 1" between the dough balls. Being so loaded with chocolate chips, pecans, and with a caramel center, they'll spread out less than normal cookies would while baking.
- Generously dust the tops of all of the cookies with the 3rd tin of Snickerdoodle Cane Sugar.
- Place baking sheets in the oven, working in batches as need be, and bake for about 10 minutes, or until some of the the tops are just beginning to have splotches of brown.
- Remove, allow to cool for 2 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to finish.
- Given how thick these are, wait (if you can!) at least another 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Pour some big glasses of milk and pass these around - these giant cookies are a treat that's made to be shared.