Last of the Leftovers Thanksgiving Sandwich | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: 2 Sandwiches.
- Time Estimate: 20 Minutes.
- Storage Notes: That's not going to be happening.
- Difficulty: Easy.
Finish Thanksgiving with a bang with with a 'Last of the Leftovers' sandwich - a decadent monstrosity that stacks everything excellent about Thanksgiving supper.
We use potato buns, toasted with a good smear mayo + This Thing of Ours & Herbed Truffle Seasoning, add pickled jalapeños for bite, and broil on a couple slices of American cheese to make it even more addictively creamy. Don't forget to smother the whole thing in gravy: if you're going to make the ultimate leftover sandwich, you might as well do it up right.
Ingredients (All approximate: work with what you have and like)
- 2 Large size potato buns
- 1/2 - 3/4ths LBs white meat turkey
- 3/4 Cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 Cup roasted corn
- 3/4 Cup gravy
- 1/2 Cup stuffing or dressing
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbs This Thing of Ours
- 4 Slices American cheese
- 2 Tbs Herbed Truffle Seasoning
- A handful of pickled jalapeños, to taste
- 4 Butter lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- Remove all ingredients from the fridge, and preheat oven to 350F.
- In oven-safe dishes, briefly warm up potatoes, stuffing/dressing, turkey, corn, and gravy, and reserve.
- Bring a cast iron pan up to medium high, and add oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo with This Thing of Ours and Herbed Truffle Seasoning, then smear on the top and bottom of each bun.
- Sear buns, face down, for around 1 to 2 minutes, or until well browned and crispy but not burned.
- Increase oven heat to broil.
- Begin assembling sandwiches: lettuce, stuffing, corn, turkey, then top each with 2 slices of cheese, and pop in the oven for around 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melting but not burned.
- Remove, top with gravy and jalapeños, and crown.
- Serve, devour, and nap.