Kimchi Marinated Flank Steak Tacos | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 4 Hours, including 3 unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
These kimchi marinated tacos are easy to make and even easier to eat. Ever since Mr. Choi started messing around with Korean and Mexican food in his Kogi food truck, we've been hooked on the unique - and uniquely delicious - flavor combination. What's not to love: a delicious combination of cultures & cuisines you can hold in your hand.
- 1 Flank steak (around 1.2 LBs)
- 1 1/2 Cups kimchi
- 3 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Lage red onions
- 8 Limes
- 4 Green onions.
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 Full tin Kimchi Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups cilantro
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tsp fish sauce
- 8 Small flour or corn tortillas
- Peel 1 of the onions and all of the garlic, roughly mince both, and add to a large bowl.
- Rough chop kimchi, and add that too.
- Add 2 Tbs sesame oil, the juice of 4 limes, 1/2 tin Kimchi Sea Salt, and fish sauce. Remove the roots from green onions, keeping them whole, and add those.
- Rub mixture all over steak, and either cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours, or, even better, vacuum seal, and cut the marinade time in half.
- Rinse cilantro, remove & discard stems, and add to a medium bowl.
- Juice 4 more limes, peel and mince remaining onion, and mince tomatoes, adding all to bowl.
- Shake on remaining 1/2 tin of Kimchi Sea Salt, and fold sauce together.
- Transfer to a mason jar, seal, and pop in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump contents of steak and marinade on a baking tray, and pop in the oven for 5 minutes, flip steak, and cook a further 5. Remove, and allow to rest for 3 minutes, before thinly slicing steak against the grain.
- As you remove steak, begin warming up tortillas on a hot, dry cast iron pan. Work in batches, keeping tortillas warm in a towel.
- To serve, arrange steak slices on tacos, spoon over salsa, add one more squeeze of lime, and devour.