House Roasted Almonds & Hazelnuts | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 4 Cups of deliciously addictive nuts.
Time Estimate: 35 Minutes, including 25-30 unattended.
Storage Notes: Will keep covered sealed for up to 2 weeks.
Warning - these nuts are addictive! We love having these on hand to snack on as they're both far more delicious than anything you'd get at the super, and much healthier to boot, without any of the artificial whatever. They make great little gifts too - consider making 2 batches, packing half in mason jars, and giving as thoughtful host/hostess gifts and thank yous.
- 2 Cups raw almonds
- 2 Cups raw filberts/hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4ths Tin / 8 Tbs It's Official Blow The Whistle All Purpose BBQ Rub
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almonds, hazelnuts, soy sauce, and It's Official All Purpose BBQ Rub, mixing and stirring well to evenly coat.
- Line a large baking tray with foil, then even spread over nut mix.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then rotate for even cooking, continuing to roast for a further 5-10 minutes, removing just before it looks like any burn or char is appearing.
- Allow 20 minutes to cool fully, then transfer for ziplock baggies or sealed mason jars for storage. Keeping them sealed will keep them delicious and crunchy for up to 2 weeks.
- These nuts are addictive and make lovely small thoughtful gifts - consider doubling the batch, packing in mason jars, and giving as hostess gifts or thank yous.