Homemade Red Hot Ranch Mayo | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: About 1 1/2 mason jars of mayo.
Time Estimate: Under 5 minutes.
Storage Notes: Refrigerated, will keep for up to 7 days.
Homemade mayo is both easy and fast to make, and so much tastier than what you'd pick up at the store. We like adding a bit of our Red Hot Ranch to mix, adding just right amount of heat and extra creaminess to take this versatile sauce to the next level.
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs Red Hot Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Egg
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Special Equipment Required: Immersion Blender
- In a medium sized, high walled vessel (we use glass storage jars), crack in egg, topping with lemon juice, Dijon, and Red Hot Ranch Seasoning. Peel and rough chop the shallot, adding that too.
- Gently pour in oil, and allow around :30 for everything to settle, with the oil on top.
- Lower in your immersion blender, and hold on high, slowing pulling up through the oil.
- Pulse a few more times, then transfer your spicy ranch mayo to smaller jars, or use immediately.