Crowned Chicken Parm | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: Serves 4.
- Time Estimate: 1 hour.
- Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
- Difficulty: Easy.
This unique take on chicken parm makes it perfect for game day or just when hanging out with some friends - all the flavors we love from chicken parm, but easily sharable. We tend to go a little overboard with the cheese, but that's just us!
- 10-12 Chicken drumsticks
- 1 Box of panko breadcrumbs ( about 8 oz)
- 3 Tbs flour
- 4 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Tbs Ultimate Gourmet BBQ Seasoning
- 3 oz Canola oil or similar
- 10 oz Marinara sauce
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz Mozzarella cheese
- A handful of basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Prepare a dredge: in a large bowl, mix panko, flour, and 2 Tbs Ultimate Gourmet BBQ Seasoning.
- Prick drumsticks several times with a toothpick or sharp knife, moisten slightly with canola oil, and dredge, one at a time, in the panko mix.
- Arrange in a circular pattern around a medium to large pie dish, and allow to rest for 15 minutes - this will help the panko in adhering and staying on the drumsticks.
- After 15 minutes, give the drumsticks a good splash of marinara, sprinkle over 2 Tbs of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, and pop in the oven for between 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle over Parmesan cheese and the remainder of the Ultimate Gourmet BBQ Seasoning. Slice mozzarella into rounds, and arrange over the chicken, before returning to the oven for 8-12 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted and just starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven, and allow 5 minutes for it rest.
- Give it a final sprinkle of Crushed Red Peppers, garnish with basil, serve, and devour.