Detroit Style Pizza | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 9" x 13" Pie.
Time Estimate: About 3 Hours, including 2 1/2 hours unattended.
Storage Notes: Can be kept covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Make Motown's finest at home! The cheesy, crunchy, crispy crust is like no other, and the savory focaccia-style bread comes together quickly - go from craving to handing around slices in just a couple hours.
- 2 Cups bread flour
- 1 Tsp dry instant yeast
- 1 Tsp California Sea Salt
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups probiotic marinara sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs Everything But The Pizza Seasoning
- 16oz low moisture mozzarella, cubed
- 10oz pepperoni or cured salami
- A 9" x 13" baking tin
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use a fork to stir together flour, instant yeast, and California Sea Salt. Pour in lukewarm water and begin stirring, then attach the paddle and mix on low for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a damp towel, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix again on low for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over, and cover tightly with saran, resting for 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to the baking tin, stretching out to the corners as much as you can. Cover with saran, and allow 30 minutes for the dough to relax.
- Begin preheating the over to 550F.
- Cube cheese, slice salami as needed, and get the marinara up to room temperature.
- Gently push down on dough, stretching to around 1/2" along the sides.
- Coat with 1/2 of the cheese, taking extra care to line the edges. Cover with pepperoni, then remaining cheese, and finally 3 long stripes of your marinara.
- Generously sprinkle all over with Everything But The Pizza Seasoning.
- Pop in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 8-10 minutes, until well browned and bubbly. The edges should just be showing a slight burn in a couple of splotches.
- Remove from oven, rest for a minute, then run a sharp knife around the edges to separate from the pan.
- Using a fish spatula or similar, carefully transfer to a cutting board, and slice into generous rectangles.
- Serve with an ice cold beverage of your choosing, and devour.