Crispy Roast Chicken Thighs | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 1 1/2 Hours, including 45 minutes unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately, will keep for up to 2 days, covered and refrigerated.
It can be tricky to get crispy crunchy skin while keeping chicken tender and juicy - this recipe delivers both in bunches with bone-in thighs, a bit of curing time in the fridge, and a bed of hot new potatoes and veggies to steam as it bakes. Try this recipe and we guarantee you'll be making it again - the garlicky spinach sauce purée is the final touch that makes mealtime magic.
- 2 Bone in thighs
- 1LB baby potatoes
- 4 Tbs French Onion Seasoning
- 3 Tbs This Thing of Ours Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Large lemons
- 2 Spring onions
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 8 Baby onions, or very small shallots
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 6 Tbs Herbed Truffle Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup basil leaves
- 4 Cups spinach leaves
- 10 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbs Onion Powder
- 2 Tbs California Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- In a small bowl, rub 2 Tbs each of French Onion Seasoning and This Thing of Ours Seasoning on both sides of the chicken thighs, and pop in the fridge, uncovered. This time in the fridge will significantly help with crisping up the skin.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, and cook new potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until you are able to easily pierce them. Remove and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prep a large bowl with ice water, then, working in batches, blanche spinach for about 2 minutes, before quickly transferring to ice water. Squeeze out as much moisture as you can, then plop in a blender.
- Add rough chipped garlic, Granulated Garlic, Onion Powder, California Sea Salt, 3 Tbs of Herbed Truffle Seasoning, the juice of one lemon, chicken stock, and blend until smooth. Reserve.
- Place potatoes in a rectangular baker, drizzle over 4 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle on 2 Tbs of This Thing of Ours Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Thinly slice a lemon, width-wise, and layer on top of potatoes.
- Remove chicken breasts from fridge, and place atop potatoes and lemons, topping each with generous slices of unsalted butter.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, and ring around chicken. Trim ends of spring onions, and arrange around sides of the baker. Peel baby onions, leaving them whole, and likewise arrange around chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil over everything, and give it all a generous final dusting of Herbed Truffle Seasoning.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- To serve, place a generous dollop of spinach sauce on each plate, topping with roasted thighs.
- Arrange potatoes and roast veggies around, spooning over the liquor as you do. Serve, and devour.