Chili Pepper Brined BBQ Drumsticks | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
This is what happens when your partner asks you what you're going to BBQ, and you answer 'Yes'.
Fire-roasted corn on the cob, blanched, well seasoned, and charred asparagus, grilled bell peppers, and cheesy potatoes, all brought together by fall-off-the-bone drumsticks. Summer may not be here yet, but this sure tastes like it.
- Yield: Serves 2, or double for 4
- Time: About 45 minutes attended + and overnight in the fridge
- Storage Notes: Will keep for 3 days covered in the fridge
- Difficulty: Easy
- 6-8 Chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 Cups reserved chili pepper brine and some chili peppers - around 2 jars
- 1 Full tin Taste of Jamaica Seasoning
- Use a fork to puncture each drumstick 4 or 5 times - this will allow the brine to get all the way and fully marinate, resulting in super-juicy chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine chili pepper brine and drumsticks, cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. 24 is even better if you remember and plan ahead.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high, cover, and wait until the temperature is reading around 425F.
- Drain drumsticks, and allow 4-5 minutes to mostly dry on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, pour Taste of Jamaica over the drumsticks, and use your hands to evenly distribute the seasoning, rubbing in well.
- Place drumsticks directly on the grill, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip, cover again and cook a further 10.
- If you like a bit of char, crank the heat up as high as it will go and cook uncovered for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove, tent with tin foil for 2 minutes, serve with your sides of choice, and devour.