Chicken Chicharrónes | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: Around 10 3"x 5" chicharrónes.
- Time Estimate: Around 25 minutes, including 20 unattended.
- Storage Notes: Can be kept, covered, for up to 3 days.
- Difficulty: Easy.
We love chicharrónes: they're a great snack on their own, they add crunch and savory flavor to whatever you use them on, and if you're on a keto diet, they're probably something you're very familiar with. Our version swaps pork for chicken, and frying for baking, resulting in an impossibly thin, extra extra extra crispy crunch, with a can't-have-just-one taste courtesy of Street Food Fusion seasoning. Liven up a salad, add some extra crunch to a taco, put some pop in your soup, or use as chips for with homemade salsa. Just be quick - these go fast!
- 10 Chicken drumsticks
- 3 Tbs Street Food Fusion Seasoning
- 2 Tbs neutral oil (we used corn)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse and pat dry drumsticks, and using cooking sheers or a pairing knife, slice a straight line though the skin from the top to the bottom.
- Carefully peel off skin - you want to try to keep it all in a single large piece.
- Trim off any excess fat that may have come with the skin.
- In a small bowl, gently fold skins with oil, then arrange on a wax paper lined baking try. Don't overlap.
- Season one side thoroughly with Street Food Fusion seasoning, and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, or until some bits are just starting to char.
- Remove, allow 5 minutes to cool, and use immediately or transfer to an airtight container to store.
- If needed, pop them in a 350F oven for 5-6 minutes to re-crisp if using the next day.