Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 4-6.
Time Estimate: 1 1/2 Hours, including 45 minutes unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately. Can be frozen and stored for up to 3 months.
These generously stuffed pasta shells are a wonderful summer treat: nestled atop a bed of freshly made red sauce, stuffed with summer produce like ripe corn and yellow squash, and loaded with several types of cheese, this is a decadent summer dinner that's lovely for larger groups and also freezes well: make a bit extra and savor again on a lazy Sunday.
- 1 Box jumbo pasta shells (12 oz)
- 1 Package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Cups corn kernels
- 2 Medium-sized yellow squash
- 3 Cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups marinara/red sauce
- 1 Tin Creamy Truffled Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Tin Sicilian Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup parsley
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil
- 1/4th Cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to a rolling boil, and begin preheating your oven to 350F.
- Begin mincing mushrooms and yellow squash, and combine in a medium bowl with corn kernels. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over 3/4ths of a tin of Creamy Truffled Ranch Seasoning, and lay out evenly on a baking tray.
- Roast veggie medley for 30 minutes, and quickly blanch the spinach, cooking in boiling water for 3 minutes. Strain, reserve, and mince, before reserving.
- Working in 2-3 batches as needed, cook jumbo shells for 12-15 minutes, or until just a touch under al dente, then reserve.
- Finely dice parsley, basil, and blanched spinach, then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Drop in sour cream, mozzarella, and cream cheese, and use the back of a fork to combine. Shake over 3/4ths of a tin of Sicilian Garlic Seasoning, remove veggie medley from the oven, and add to bowl, mixing as you do.
- In pour in the majority of the red sauce into a large rectangular baker, then begin assembling your shells.
- Using a small spoon, fill each shell with between 1 1/2 - 2 scoops of the cheesy veggie filling, and begin arranging in the baker.
- Fill baker as tightly as you can, then sprinkle over Parmesan and remaining spices to coat completely.
- Pop in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and the pasta is just beginning to brown.
- Remove and serve, garnishing with any remaining basil or parsley.