Brown Butter Lobster Fettuccini with Corn & Pea Succotash | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: Serves 2.
- Time Estimate: Around 90 minutes start to plate.
- Storage Notes: That's not going to be a problem that you're going to have.
- Difficulty: Medium.
It's no secret we love lobster, and this recipeish is one of our favorite ways to enjoy Maine's bounty. There's a ton of ways to plate this too if you're really going for the 'wow' factor - after removing the tail and before cooking, run a couple wooden skewers through it lengthwise. Doing this will keep the protein from curling up when you poach it, and you'll have a lovely long tail when you serve.
- 1 large lobster
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 box fettuccine
- 1 bottle heavy whipping cream
- 2 ears corn
- 1/2 LB green beans
- 2 handfuls grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tin Blue Cheese Sea Salt
- 1 tin Taste of Jamaica
- 1 tin Garlic Pepper Rub
- 1 tin California Sea Salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- Take your live lobster (still in the bag) in the freezer for around 4 minutes to put him in a coma.
- Remove from freezer, and using a chef's knife, pierce cranium and drive forward in one motion to kill your lobster as humanely as possible.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, remove claws and tail (scooping out any poop you might find), and cook for 5 minutes. Remove, and allow to cool before separating meat from shell.
- Rinse corn and green beans, slicing off ends of green beans, and poach in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, before removing, running under cool water, and storing in fridge in an ice bath until needed.
- Slice corn kernels off in a bowl, and bring a large saute pan with a stick of butter up to high heat.
- Add in corn and green beans, season generously with Taste of Jamaica Seasoning, and tossing to get an even browning, around 5 minutes. Remove, and reserve.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, salting heavily with California Sea Salt. Add in fettuccine and cook until al dente - around 7 miniutes.
- Add another stick of butter to saute pan, and add in lobster pieces, along with a generous shake of Garlic Pepper Seasoning, and sear quickly, around 2 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Add cream to saute pan, and cook down to make a rich cream & butter sauce, rich with the fond from the lobster, corn, and beans. Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese, and whisk to combine well.
- Strain pasta, reserving 1/4th cup of water. Add reserved water to cream sauce, dice parsley and add, and toss sauce with pasta to thoroughly coat completely.
- Plate pasta, corn & bean succotash, and lobster. Devour.