Blueberry Swirls w/ Blueberry Compôte | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 8 Large swirl muffins.
Time Estimate: 45 Minutes, including 25 minutes unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately, will keep for up to 3 days if compôte is not applied.
Berries on berries on berries: these loaded mini-bundt cakes are as delicious as they are handsome. Make the most of summer's bounty with these extra-stuffed bundt cakes, perfect with your morning coffee, as an afternoon treat, or served up as light individual desserts after a long, lazy summer evening meal.
- 2 Cups flour
- 3 Cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Tins Blueberry Pie Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4th Stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp Crystallized Honey Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 stick of butter and 2 tins of Blueberry Pie Cane Sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Crystallized Honey Sea Salt. Slowly whisk in, a bit at a time, into butter and Blueberry Pie Cane Sugar mix.
- Zest lemon, then drop in eggs, Greek yogurt, and 2 Cups of blueberries, gently stirring to fully combine.
- Lightly grease a Nordicware swirl bundt pan, then pour in mixture, and pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, add remaining blueberries and butter with 1 tin of Blueberry Pie Cane Sugar.
- Using the back of a fork, roughly mash the blueberries to split them open. Cook on medium low, stirring occasionally, while the swirls bake.
- Remove pan from the oven, and allow 5 minutes to cool.
- Remove swirls and arrange on a serving dish, top with blueberry compôte, and serve immediately.