Black Silkie Chicken Over Rice | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: 2 servings.
- Time Estimate: Around 2 hours, including 1 hour unattended.
- Storage Notes: Enjoy immediately.
- Difficulty: Medium.
Black chickens are just cool, all the way down to their bones. They're smaller birds though, and perfect for this recipe - this recipe is great for lunch or a light dinner, and color contrasts make it visually stunning before you take that first perfectly seasoned bite.
- 1 whole silkie chicken (most asian grocers carry these)
- 1 jar roasted red pepper sauce
- 1 tin Shichimi Ramen Seasoning
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Defrost chicken and break down. For this recipe, we'll just be using the drums and wings.
- Vacuum seal drums and wings with a full tin Shichimi Ramen Seasoning, and cook sous vide for 1 hour at 167F.
- Prepare rice per instructions on bag or your rice cooker of choice.
- Bring a cast iron pan to medium high heat, and add in cooking oil.
- Remove chicken from sous vide, and pat dry.
- Pan fry chicken, around 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Warm red pepper sauce (we do about 1 minute in a microwave), and plate.
- Add rice, chicken drums and wings, serve and enjoy.