Bisquick™ Raspberry Shortcakes | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 30 Minutes.
Storage Notes: Can be refrigerated for up 1 day.
Simple & guaranteed to impress, this easy to make raspberry shortcake is summer in a bowl. Finished with wafer-thin citrus slices to cut the sweetness of the compôte, and a final dusting of lime zest just before service, this delicious dessert is equally at a home at a backyard BBQ, or an showpiece dessert capper to a special occasion meal.
- 2 1/4 Cups Bisquick™ pancake & baking mix
- 4 Full tins All The Berries Cane Sugar
- 6 Cups fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup distilled water
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Limes
- Preheat heat your oven 450F, and gently rinse raspberries.
- Bring a small pot up to medium heat, and melt butter.
- As soon as butter has melted, and before any browning occurs, add 3 cups raspberries, 2 full tins All The Berries Cane Sugar, and distilled water.
- Cover, and increase heat to a low boil, stirring as you do. Lower to a simmer, and continue reducing, stirring occasionally, until needed.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and 2 cups raspberries, then pour in milk, and whisk into a thick batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand blender to beat cream and 2 full tins of All The Berries Cane Sugar into whipped cream, roughly tripling in size.
- Drop 8 generous spoonfuls of batter onto 2 ungreased baking trays, and pop in the oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove, and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice one of the limes into thin coins, and reserve.
- Use a handblender to puree compôte, and take off heat.
- Cut shortcakes in half, widthwise, and plate bottoms on small individual serving bowls.
- Top with whipped cream and raspberries, and several generous spoonfuls of berry compôte.
- Crown with the cake top, a further dollop of whipped cream, and a single raspberry.
- Garnish bowls with citurs slices, and lightly zest all of the cakes with remaining lime.
- Serve and devour - this is Summer in a bowl.