Bacon Wrapped Turkey Kabob Dogs | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 1 Hour, including 20 minutes unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
Sure it may only just be Spring, but we're already dreaming of Summer BBQs. So much so we're already making one of our backyard BBQ favorites: bacon wrapped kabob dogs. Dial up or down the spice with extra jalapeños and crushed red peppers, and wash it all down with an ice cold beverage.
- 1 Lb ground turkey
- 2 Tbs California Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbs Steakhouse Reserve seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 12 Strips bacon
- 6 Hot dog buns
- 1 Cup panko
- 2 1/2 Tbs Sweet & Spicy Kentucky Kick seasoning
- 1 Head romaine lettuce
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbs Cool Ranch seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs Smoky Lonestar seasoning
- Jalapeños & Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay bacon strips down on a foil coated baking pan, and season both sides generously with Kentucky Kick seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for a further 10, removing when bacon is cooked but not crispy.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, panko, beaten eggs, and both California Cajun and Steakhouse Reserve seasoning. Mix well by hand until seasoning and eggs are fully incorporated.
- Preheat grill with a medium flame.
- Use an Easy Kabob to form 6 kabobs, then in a spiral motion, wrap each with two strips of bacon.
- Prep your sauce: in a medium mixing bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, Cool Ranch and Smoky Lonestar seasoning, and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Place kabobs on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until bacon is well crisped and the turkey dogs reach an internal temperature of 180F.
- Remove kabobs from heat, and allow 2 minutes to cool, before sliding out skewers and placing in hot dog buns.
- Add romaine leaves and jalapeños, then drizzle with your spicy cream sauce, and finish with a generous sprinkle of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Serve and devour - this is summer backyard BBQ food at its finest.