Bacon Wrapped Drumsticks | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Some things only seem obvious after the fact, as these crispy, crunchy, juicy drumsticks make deliciously clear. Remove the skin before wrapping the drumsticks in two strips of bacon and dredging in seasoning: you'll get a blisteringly crusty outside with perfectly cooked succulent chicken on the inside. Easy to make and gone in seconds, these are one of our favorite finger foods.
- Yield: Serves 4-5 as an appetizer or snack.
- Time: About 1 hour, including 45-50 minutes unattended.
- Storage Notes: Can be stored for up for 2 days refrigerated and covered: just reheat at 350F for 10 minutes to re-crisp the bacon and heat through.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- 6-8 Drumsticks
- 12-16 Strips of bacon
- 1 Tin Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning
- 2 Spring onions
- 3-4 Oz BBQ sauce
- A few spritzes of cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove skin from drumsticks, then wrap each with 2 strips of bacon, leaving around 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch exposed at the end.
- Arrange drumsticks on a baking rack and lightly spritz with cooking oil, turning and repeating.
- Pour Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning into a wide bowl, then dredge each drumstick, before returning to the rack.
- over a tray to catch drippings, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, flip, and bake a further 15.
- Flip one more time, and set oven to broil, cooking for a further 5-6 minutes. Keep an eye on them - the line from crispy to burnt is very fine.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes.
- Dollop out some BBQ sauce, and mince the spring onions.
- Plate, serve, and devour.