Bacon Wrapped Drumsticks | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Some things only seem obvious after the fact, as these crispy, crunchy, juicy drumsticks make deliciously clear. Remove the skin before wrapping the drumsticks in two strips of bacon and dredging in seasoning: you'll get a blisteringly crusty outside with perfectly cooked succulent chicken on the inside. Easy to make and gone in seconds, these are one of our favorite finger foods.
- Yield: Serves 4-5 as an appetizer or snack.
- Time: About 115 minutes, including 1 hour unattended.
- Storage Notes: Can be stored for up for 2 days refrigerated and covered: just reheat at 350F for 10 minutes to re-crisp the bacon and heat through.
- Difficulty: Easy.
- 6-8 Drumsticks
- 12-16 Strips of bacon
- 2 1/2 Tbs Sweet & Spicy Kentucky Kick Seasoning
- 2 2/12 Tbs Butcher's Blend Seasoning
- 2 Spring onions
- 3-4 Oz BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove skin from drumsticks, then wrap each with 2 strips of bacon, leaving around 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch exposed at the end.
- Mix Butcher's Blend and Sweet & Spicy Kentucky Kick Seasonings together on a wide plate or shallow bowl, and dredge drumsticks, coating as evenly as you can.
- Arrange drumsticks on a baking rack over a tray to catch drippings, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, flip, and bake a further 30.
- Flip one more time, and set oven to broil, cooking for a further 5-6 minutes. Keep an eye on them - the line from crispy to burnt is very fine.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes.
- Dollop out some BBQ sauce, and mince the spring onions.
- Plate, serve, and devour.