Baby Back Rib Sliders | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Time Estimate: 7 Hours, including 6 unattended.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
We love sliders. We love ribs. And finally, just as it was foretold by the Spice Girls in that timeless classic '2 Become 1', it happened.
This is a perfect almost-summer snack food - pop it in the sous vide in the morning, and you've got yourself a delicious mid-day bite for a group, or lunch for 2 to 4.
- 1 Pack King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 2 Tbs Everything Brooklyn Bagel Seasoning
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Slabs baby Back Ribs
- 1/2 Head white cabbage
- 1/2 Head purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 Large carrots
- 2 Tbs This Thing Of Ours Part II: The Truffle Edition seasoning
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbs Crystallized Honey Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 Full tins This Thing Of Ours seasoning
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Kosher dill pickles
- Bring a sous vide bath up to 180F.
- Remove the membrane from the back of both racks, and rub both sides well with 1 tin of This Thing of Ours seasoning.
- Vacuum seal, and pop in the bath for 6 hours.
- Rinse and dice cabbage, peel and grate carrots, and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, Crystallized Honey Cane Sugar, 1/2 tin of This Thing of Ours seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well to combine. Cover, and refrigerate.
- At the 5:30 mark, preheat the oven to 500F.
- Remove ribs from sous vide, and drain the liquor into a large mixing bowl.
- Pace ribs on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes for a bit of crispiness on the outside crust, before removing and allowing to cool slightly.
- In a microwave, melt butter. Slice rolls in half, buttering each side with 2/3rds of the melted butter, and bake for about 3 minutes, or until just starting to brown. Remove and reserve.
- In the mixing bowl with liquor, fold in mayo, cabbage, carrots, and This Thing of Ours: Part II.
- Place ribs in another large bowl, and slide out bones - they should come out clean.
- Add half of your homemade BBQ sauce, and using two forks, pull apart ribs into a consistency just a bit more cohesive than pulled pork.
- Layer the bottom half of the rolls with coleslaw, top with pork, and drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over everything, before adding some thinly slices of pickle.
- Crown sliders, and brush tops with remaining butter, before generously sprinkling with Everything Brooklyn Bagel seasoning.
- Serve with some ice cold beverages of your choice, and devour.