Apartment Ribs & Homemade BBQ Sauce | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: Serves 4.
- Time Estimate: 4 1/2 hours.
- Storage Notes: Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 1 day.
- Difficulty: Easy.
Ribs made the right way in the oven can come out nearly as delicious as those done in a smoker, and with a heaping helping of homemade sauce, you'd often be none the wiser. We've tinkered with this sauce recipe for a while (not a bad job if you can get it!) and are finally really happy with the result - sweet, savory, tangy, and of course, truffle-y.
For the Sauce
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 2 Tbs Champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbs Garlic Truffle Steak Rub
- 3 Tbs Smoky Dark Chocolate Cane Sugar
- Preheat oven to 245F.
- Prep ribs by removing the membrane on the bottom, then rub all over with both Spicy Smoked Sea Salt and BBQ Sea Salt.
- Wrap well and roll in foil, making sure the ribs are full covered.
- Place on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 4 hours. No need to move or adjust it - just leave it be for the duration.
- Meantime, make your sauce - you want to give it some time in the fridge to for the flavors to get to know each other after you whip it up.
- It's pretty straightforward - the secret isn't the process, but the ratios. Just add Smoky Dark Chocolate Cane Sugar, Garlic Truffle Steak Rub, vinegar, Worcestershire, and ketchup to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to your serving bowl, cover with saran, and pop in the fridge.
- You've patiently waited 4 hours - time to serve.
- Remove ribs, and carefully peel off foil. Rough chop and arrange on a cutting board, then slater with more sauce than makes sense.
- Get your napkins ready, and dig in!