All The Salad Dressings | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: 1 Cup.
Time Estimate: 1 minute.
Storage Notes: May be kept refrigerated for up to 14 days.
Emulsifying with a bit of mustard holds oil and vinegar together, and once you've got those ratios down, there's really no limit on the amount of flavor combinations you can make for your salad dressing. This easy, one jar technique delivers perfect dressing every time, no matter the meal, and is just as good enjoyed a week later, or immediately after the one minute it takes to make it.
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4th Cup balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs any Gustus Vitae seasoning
- In a mason jar, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey.
- Add the seasoning of your choice (our top go-to's are Morocco, Greece, Thailand, and California), and put the lid on finger-tight.
- Shake vigorously, and pop in the fridge, removing an hour or so before you plan to use it.
- Toss into your salad just before serving, and devour.