Air Fryer Halibut with Cauliflower, Mushroom, & Spinach Stack | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
- Yield: 2 generous plates
- Time Estimate: 1 hour.
- Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately, will keep for 2 days in the fridge.
- Difficulty: Easy.
We've been slow to get on the air fryer bandwagon, but are slowly getting the hang of all the many uses, beyond our favorite crinkle cut fries, and using more and more for making dinners for the fam. This one is easy to put together, delicious, and easy to clean up - how we got perfectly crispy fillets with next to zero oil is beyond us, but tasting is believing. Thanks again science, we love eating you.
- 2 good sized halibut filets
- 10-12 oz panko seasoning
- 1 full tin Taste of Morocco
- 1 tbs All Natural Cool Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tbs California Sea Salt
- 3 eggs
- 10 oz mushrooms of your choice
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2 lemons
- 1 head cauliflower
- 10-15 oz spinach
- 1 white onion
- 15 bulbs garlic
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Rinse parsley spinach, cauliflower, and mushrooms. Mince parsley and reserve.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, de-stem cauliflower, and add in. Cook until a fork easily pierces - around 10 minutes.
- Bring a large cast iron pan up to medium high, and add in 2 tbs olive oil.
- Rough chop mushrooms and add, along with 1 tbs of California Sea Salt. Dice garlic, and add in half. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 8 minutes, then remove and reserve.
- Toss in spinach and remaining half of garlic, along with another tbs of California Sea Salt. This will cook quickly - around 4 minutes. Remove, and reserve.
- Strain cauliflower, and, using an immersion blender, combine with cream and Cool Ranch Seasoning, pureeing until smooth. Reserve.
- Pat dry halibut steaks. Thoroughly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, and combine panko and Taste of Morocco in another.
- Coat filets in egg wash, letting excess drip off, then dredge in panko seasoning mix, and do it one more time. Repeat with all filets.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes - this is the key for getting a lovely flaky crust that won't fall off.
- Place filets in your air fryer, arranging them just so to keep them from overlapping. Cook for 10 minutes at 400F.
- Remove, flip, and cook for a further 5.
- While the fish is finishing, pop reserved spinach, mushrooms, and cauliflower in the oven or microwave to reheat.
- Using a microplane, zest lemons, then quarter.
- To serve, stack ingredients from top to bottom in a circular mold: mushrooms, cauliflower, spinach.
- Place crispy fillets, sprinkle with zest and parsley, and give 'em a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve and devour.