Air Fryer Cod Tacos w/ Spicy Mango Salsa | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 4.
Time Estimate: 1 Hour.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
Air fried fish tacos make for a perfect summer lunch or dinner for a group: easy to put together, made for sharing, and when done right, equal parts unfussy and delicious. These mango salsa tacos are bursting with summer sweetness and jalapeño heat - make sure you've got some ice-cold beverages within easy reach to tame the fire.
- 2 Medium cod fillets
- 2 Ears corn
- 1 Cup crema Mexicana
- 6 Tbs South Pacific Pineapple BBQ Rub
- 4 Tbs Green Jalapeño Sea Salt
- 3 Limes
- 1 Medium bunch cilantro
- 2 Medium-sized ripe mangos
- 1 Large red onion
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cups panko
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 3 Eggs
- 12 Small tortillas
- 2 Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350F, and add corn.
- Cut cod into even chunks, around 1" x 2".
- Prep the breading station: 1 bowl with 2 Tbs Jalapeño Sea Salt and 1 Cup cornstarch, 1 bowl of beaten eggs, and 1 bowl of panko.
- Dredge fish in Jalapeño Sea Salt and cornstarch mix, then eggs, then panko, and reserve on a large plate. Cover with saran and pop in the fridge until needed: this extra time will help the breading stay on the fish when air frying.
- Peel mangos and dice, adding to a large bowl. Zest lemons, then juice. Peel and halve onion, then finely slice, likewise adding to bowl with halved tomatoes.
- Add South Pacific Pineapple BBQ Rub, tossing to incorporate, then pop in the fridge.
- Turn corn, then arrange tortillas around them, removing after about 5 minutes, then wrapping in a hand-towel to keep warm until needed.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Remove corn, slicing off kernels against the cob, and add to mango salsa, before returning to the fridge.
- Working in batches, air fry fish for 10 minutes at a time, flipping after 5. Transfer fried pieces to the oven to keep warm while air frying the remaining.
- Remove salsa from fridge, rinse and rough chop cilantro, adding to salsa.
- Arrange tortillas on a serving tray, topping with fish, then mango salsa, then crema.
- Serve with slices of avocado, sprinkling all over with remaining Jalapeño Sea Salt. Pass around some ice cold beverages, and devour.