Air Fryer Chicken Sandwiches | Recipeish | Gustus Vitae
Yield: Serves 4.
Time Estimate: 30 Minutes, plus an overnight.
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately.
Simple is best - these air fryer fried chicken sandwiches are super crispy, juicy, tender, and delicious all the way through. Marinate overnight and quickly air fry - these super satisfying sandwiches and an ice cold soda pop make for a perfect lunch.
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large pickle
- 1 Tin Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1/3 Cup panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup sake or dry white wine
- Debone chicken thighs, leaving skin on, and rub all over with 1/2 tin of Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning and olive oil.
- Seal in a ziplock bag, and marinate overnight.
- Preheat air fryer to 250F.
- Prep the dredging stations: whisk together eggs and sake in one, cornstarch and 2 Tbs Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning in another, and panko in the third.
- Dredge thighs in cornstarch and Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning, drip in egg and sake mix, and panko.
- Air fry at 250F, skin side down, for 12 minutes. Flip, cooking for a further 10 minutes, then remove and repeat as required.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining Everything But The Fried Chicken Seasoning and mayo, and thinly slice and quarter pickles.
- Slather buns with Fried Chicken Seasoning mayo, top with piping hot fried chicken, 2 pickle slices, crown, and devour.