White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with Caffe Mocha Cane Sugar
Yield: 13-16 Delicious, chewy cookie
Time Estimate: About 2 hours, including 15 minutes cook time
Storage Notes: Best if enjoyed immediately, or at least within 12 hours.
Soft, chewy cookies are one of our (many) vices. There's just something so comforting about them, and the appeal is universal, from sharing them with kids to bringing them as an unexpected treat to a dinner party.
For this version, we've made a 'grown up' version of one of our favorite cookies, finishing it with our signature Caffe Mocha Cane Sugar - the flavors of the coffee contrast wonderfully with the simple sweetness of the cookie, and the overall result is something that we can't help but feel a little fancy eating, like something that would come with a tiny coffee at some café in Rome. At it's heart though, this is still your favorite white chocolate macadamia cookie, and the recipe below is as simple as we could make it.
- 2 3/4th White flour
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tins Caffe Mocha Cane Sugar
- 2 Large free range eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Cups macadamia nuts (well chopped)
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp California Sea Salt
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Reserve.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and 1 tin of the Caffe Mocha Cane Sugar. Once these are well combined, gradually add in eggs, a little bit of time, mixing as you do so.
- Begin adding in dry ingredients to wet, slowly pouring bit by bit while mixing constantly - this is the key to avoiding lumps.
- When these are well combined, then mix in your nuts and chocolate chips - combine these well too.
- Cover, and transfer to the fridge for around 2 hours to thoroughly cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge, and, while the FDA probably wouldn't agree - we can never help ourselves and always eat some. Yum.
- On on ungreased bake pan, make 13 - 16 evenly sized balls of dough. These will spread out, so try to give them plenty of space.
- Cook for around 10 minutes for perfectly chewy cookies. If you're at a higher elevation (we're at sea level in Los Angeles), you may want to go a minute or two more, but no more than that.
- Remove, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Dust all well with remaining tin of Caffe Mocha Cane Sugar.
- Remove from tray, and (if you can make it that long!) store in an airtight container.
- These are a great, unexpected gift at dinner parties!