Turkish Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Yield: five servings
Time Estimate: 40 minutes overall, including 5 minutes of preparation and 35 minutes unattended
Storage Notes: serve immediately; keeps for 3 days when refrigerated
We're partial to simple recipes that enhance the natural flavours of food: doing so with just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep work is an extra bonus. This recipe is what we always wanted brussel sprouts to taste like: crunchy on the outside, moist and giving on the inside, with their natural bitterness cut with a little heat and spice. Yum.
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra vigin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Gustus Vitae Condiments' Taste of Cyprus
- Preheat over to 400ºF.
- Cut brown/white ends off the brussel spouts, and peel off any yellow or loose leaves. This will help the spices adhere better and give them more crunch.
- In a large bowl, mix the brussel sprouts, oil and spice until well coated.
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking tin and roast for 35 minutes. Give the pan 1 or 2 shakes during the cooking time to ensure than cooking is even.
- Remove from oven, and dusk with another couple sprinkles of Taste of Cyprus. Serve immediately.