Thai Tofu Lollipops Recipe
Yield: 3 servings
Time Estimate:15 minutes overall, including 5 minutes of preparation and 10 minutes unattended
Storage Notes:serve immediately; keeps for 3 days when refrigerated
These tasty, tangy tofu lollipops make a great appetizer: finger food that isn't messy, looks beautiful, and is safe for vegetarians and vegans. And with only 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of cooking required, they're perfect for unexpected guests or if you're running short on time.
- 1 container extrafirm tofu (around 320 grams)
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil (sesame, grapeseed, or similar)
- 2 tablespoons Gustus Vitae Condiments' Taste of Thailand
- Open tofu and blot dry each side with a paper towel to remove any wetness.
- Slice tofu into lollipop size pieces, generously sprinkle with Taste of Thailand.
- Heat medium size non-stick pan on medium heat and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add tofu pieces, being careful to not allow them to touch.
- Panfry for 5 minutes, sprinkle on remaining Taste of Thailand, and flip. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove lollipops from pan and arrange on serving plate. Insert toothpicks or coffee/cocktail stirrers, and serve.