Spicy Oven Roasted Corn On The Cob Recipe
Yield: four servings
Time Estimate: 40 minutes overall, including 4 minutes of preparation and 36 minutes unattended
Storage Notes: serve immediately; keeps for 3 days when refrigerated
Corn on the cob is one of life's simple joys. Roasting in the oven
removes the hassle of setting up the outdoor grill, and has the added
benefit of perfuming your kitchen with the rich smell of roasting corn.
We like to keep the husks on for the majority of the cook time, sealing
in the flavour and keeping the kernels tender.
- 4 ears of corn
- quarter stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons Gustus Vitae Condiments' Red Cayenne Salt
- Preheat over to 370ºF.
- Place unhusked corn directly on baking racks. Cook for 34 minutes.
- Remove corn from oven and carefully peel husks.
- Place husked corn back in oven and cook for 2 further minutes - this will give the corn a slight charring and more flavour.
- Remove from oven, slice butter in 4 pats and allow to melt on corn. Sprinkle with red cayenne salt, and serve immediately.