Provence'd Gin Spritz
Yield: A lovely cocktail for you and your +1.
Time Estimate: 25 mins, including 5 minutes infusing.
Storage Notes: Serve immediately to rapturous applause.
This cocktail recipe comes to us from a certain Lisa E., who's found an unconventional and excellent way of using our Taste of Provence - with booze. By using a french press to infuse water with the essence of the South of France, she's make traveling to it's sunny shores as easy as walking over to the liquor cabinet. With summer on the way out, now's the time to enjoy this refreshing classic.
- 3 TBs Taste of Provence
- 1 Cup Distilled water
- 1 Oz Dry Gin (Lisa recommends Plymouth. We agree.)
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Oz Agave syrup
- 2 Oz Tonic water
- Bonus Points: 1 lavender sprig for garnish
- As you would with coffee, put the Taste of Provence in a french press, and cover with the cup of distilled boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes, then push down and pour out the infused water. Reserve in the fridge. If you're doing this quickly, put it directly in the freezer - you want this part of the drink to be cold.
- In your cocktail glass of choice, squeeze in half of the lime's juice, and combine tonic water, gin, agave, and about 1/2 oz of infused Provence water. Stir well to combine.
- Cover with ice, and give it another good stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary if you have one. Tasty!