Nut-Free Dukkah Style Bread Dip
1 to 5 portions;
Time Estimate: 1 minute overall, including 1 minute of preparation;
Storage Notes: It's in the tin - ready whenever you want it;
OK so it isn't a recipe as such, but Gustus Vitae's Taste of Egypt seasoning blend not only is great with roasted veggies, meat, rice, and potatoes, but is a delicious substitute for traditional dukkah; it brings out the rich, exotic flavors of the Middle East and leaves the nuts and prep time behind. Paired with crusty baguette slices and your favorite extra virgin olive oil, it's perfect as a dinner party appetizer and as a quick, delicious Plan B to have in your wheelhouse when friends stop by unexpectedly.
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons Gustus Vitae's Taste of Egypt
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or baguettes, or 4 to 5 portions of toasted pita bread
- Pout Taste of Egypt and olive oil in separate bowls. If using pita bread, pop in the toaster until crisp then divide into silver dollar sized portions. If using a baguette, slice slice lengthwise then cut into half moons.
- And done. Place in a central location - people will tend to congregate around this and because the portions are bit-sized they'll keep coming back. Enjoy!